St. Jerome Parish Church
Saint Jerome church was built by Chinese artisans in 1615 with stone and mortars. Its design was distinct from Chinese-Baroque Architecture. It has two Chinese lion sculptures at the entrance that serve as the storey façade and the octagonal bell tower of the church. There are pock marks on the walls and surroundings of the church caused by bullet holes indicating fights between Katipuneros and Guardia Civils during the revolt of the Filipinos against the Spaniards in the later part of 19th century.
photo: explora.ph description: morongrizal.gov.ph