Sablan, Benguet

The term "Sablan" was derived from the local word "Sabdang", a local tree which thrived in the area.

Sablan was created officially as a municipal district on July 1, 1927 under Executive Order No. 61 dated May 17, 1927 by then American Governor General Leonard Wood.
It is at the mid-western tip of Benguet. It is bounded by Kapangan on the north, Tublay on the northeast, La Trinidad on the east, Baguio City in the southeast, Tuba in the south, Aringay on the southwest, and Burgos to the west.

According to the Philippine Statistics Authority, the municipality has a land area of 105.63 square kilometres (40.78 sq mi)‚ÄČ[2] constituting 3.81% of the 2,769.08-square-kilometre- (1,069.15 sq mi) total area of Benguet.

Tourist Spots in Sablan, Benguet